- 2 pounds meaty oxtails
- cayenne, salt, and black pepper as needed
- 1/2 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 tablespoon beef base or 1 cup beef broth
- Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Rinse the oxtails with water and place them in the pan in the oven.
- Sprinkle lightly with cayenne and salt.
- Roast at 450 for 1 hour, turning occasionally to brown, not burn.
- Remove tails from oven and set aside to drain off all oils.
- Combine the onion, garlic, and oil in a food processor….process till finely chopped or you can simply chop them if you like it chunkier.
- Saute’ in stockpot over medium heat till translucent.
- Add flour and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add 4 1/2 cups water and whisk till dissolved.
- Add tomatoes, Kitchen Bouquet, and beef base or broth.
- Add oxtails and carrots. Bring to a boil, turn down to low, and cover.Simmer in stockpot at low for 2 1/2 hours,
- Meat should come off the bone easily when done.
- If you desire it thicker or added too much water, thicken with Corn Starch.
- You can even put it over rice or taters if you like. Serve hot with biscuits.