- 6 slices thick-cut bacon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (only to use if bacon is not used)
- 1 small onion, chopped plus more for garnishing, if desired
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 (25-ounces) jar of Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat
- 3 cups dried, uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an oven safe skillet, cook the bacon (if using) over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the bacon.
- Pour out most of the rendered bacon fat, leaving some in the pan (about a tablespoon) to saute the veggies and brown the ground beef.
- If not using bacon, heat the olive oil in an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions for about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon for about 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt and ground pepper. Next, add the Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat and mix to combine.
- Add the elbow macaroni pasta and 2 cups of water. Stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately remove from the heat.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, remove lid or foil and stir well. Top the pasta with cheese and bacon (if using). Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve, garnished with chopped onions and chopped parsley (optional).