- 1 lb chicken gizzards (or chicken livers)
- 1 c whole milk buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp your favorite hot sauce (I’ve used sriracha) opt.
- 1 Tbsp seasoning salt
- 1 c self rising flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp seasoning salt (more or less)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (smoked paprika makes all the difference, delicious)
- 1 tsp black pepper
Marinate chicken gizzards in ingredients 2-4 for 8-12 hours. I prefer overnight, the buttermilk will help tenderize the gizzards.
Drain your chicken gizzards (or livers).
In a mixing bowl combine all the breading ingredients. Place flour breading mix in mixing bowl or bag.
Bread chicken gizzards…make sure you coat the gizzards evenly. After breaded, let rest for 10-15 minutes. This helps “set” the coating. You can also lightly “spritz” your battered gizzards to set the coating.
Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees. Deep fry for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Your gizzards cook fast (same for livers). Drain on paper towels.
Plate up and serve with your favorite sauce!