- 2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 2-3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 small heads broccoli washed and diced small
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots potatoes and onion powder. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt and garlic pepper. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined.
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency and add any additional salt and pepper needed. Top with bacon pieces.
- Serve warm.