These summery mini baked cheesecakes dressed with fresh berries are perfect for your next afternoon tea or celebration.
- 250g softened cream cheese (such as Philadelphia)
- 1/3 cup caster sugar (finely granulated)
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice (I like the extra zing of 2)
- 5 tbs thickened cream (cream with at least 35% fat)
- 150-200g biscuits (cookies). I often use Arnotts Nice, but use your favourite. Try Ginger Nuts for something different
- 70-100g melted butter (use the larger amounts of butter & biscuits if you prefer a thicker base)
How to make it :
Crush biscuits to fine crumb in processor or do it old school – pop in a freezer bag and crush with rolling pin/tin of tomatoes or whatever heavy object you have handy.
Stir in melted butter until well combined. Use salted butter – goes beautifully with the sweet biscuits.
Line a muffin tin with paper cup cake cases.
Press biscuit mix into cupcake cases. Push it in firmly and level as will be on display when served. Set aside.
Combine cream cheese & sugar until smooth and creamy. I use my food processor but any mixer / hand held etc will do.
Add egg and beat until all combined.
Add lemon juice and cream and beat again. You want it combined but not over beaten as excessive beating will cause cheese cake to crack and split.
Spoon into cupcake cases – fill to about half a cm below top of paper case – they wont rise much.
Bake at 160 for 20 mins.