- 1 bagel (plain, whole wheat or everything)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of American cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Slice bagel in half and spread the butter on the cut sides.
- Pre heat your cast iron pan (or griddle) over medium heat and, once hot, toast the bagels until golden brown. Alternatively, you can use a pop-up toaster. In that case, wait to butter the bagel after it’s toasted). Reserve.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and, once melted, crack both eggs into the pan. As soon as the whites start to set, puncture the yolks and gently spread them over the whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the cheese and the bacon on top of one the eggs and, using a spatula, flip the other egg on top of the bacon. Cook for a few extra seconds for the cheese to melt.
- Once the cheese has melted, transfer the eggs to the bagel bottom and top with the bagel top.
- Serve immediately or wrap for a on-the-go breakfast!