- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 tablespoon Homemade Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup Fiesta Blend shredded cheese divided, or you can use your favorite. Plus additional for serving, if desired.
- 1 tomato, diced plus additional for topping, if desired
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- sour cream and taco sauce for serving if desired.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet by lining it with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until brown. Pour in the water and homemade taco seasoning and mix until well incorporated. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the piece of parchment to your work surface and using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough so that it measures 10 x 15-inches. With a knife or pizza cutter, make slices 1½ inches thick and 3 inches long down both long sides of the dough.
- Leaving about an inch at the top and bottom, place the ground beef down the center of the dough. Cover the beef with 3/4 cup of the cheese, and then add the diced tomato.
- Beginning at one end of the braid, fold the end up and wrap the first two slices over to secure it. Repeat the wrapping with opposite slices just until the last two. Fold the end up and wrap the last two slices over it to secure.
- Gently brush the top and sides with the melted butter. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Transfer the braid on the parchment to the rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving. Cover with chopped Romaine lettuce, additional tomato and cheese, if desired. Serve with sour cream and taco sauce