SPAGHETTI WITH GARLIC AND BASIL
500gm dried spaghetti
2 cloves of garlic – sliced
1/4 cup of chopped basil
Salt, Black pepper & Chicken granules for seasoning
- Cook spaghetti in boiling, salted water,following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add in olive oil and butter, sauteed the sliced garlic for a little while (do not browned it)
- Add in the spaghetti, chicken granules and chopped basil, toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Note: Serve with Parmesan cheese.
BABY POTATOES SALAD
1 kg baby potatoes – washed
3 stalks of spring onion – finely chopped
A bunch of coriander leaves – finely chopped
black pepper and salt for seasoning.
Mayonnaise for dressing.
- Boil washed potatoes for 10min or until cooked. Cool.
- Cut cooled potatoes into halves.
- Add in the chopped spring onion and coriander leaves.
- Dollop a few tablespoon of mayonnaise and mix well.
- Season with salt and black pepper
PASTA WITH FRESH TOMATOES AND HERBS
500 gm dried penne pasta
3 nos. ripen tomatoes – diced
1 no. red chili – sliced finely
4 pips of garlic – sliced finely
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1 tbsp. dried basil
1 cup water or chicken/vegetable stock
1/2 – 1 cup white wine (optional)
Salt, Black pepper and vegetables/chicken seasoning
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following the packet directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in the large frying pan.
- Add garlic and chili, cook stirring for a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes cook, stirring for 5minutes.
- Add water or stock , parsley, basil to simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until sauce thicken.
- Pour in the white wine. Season with salt, pepper and vegetable granules.
- Add in the cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Serve.
ROAST CHICKEN WING WITH SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1 dozen of chicken wings – washed and chooped into halves
1 bottle of Classico pasta sauce (any flavours)
1 tbsp. dried rosemary
salt, pepper and seasoning to taste.
- Marinate chicken wings with salt and pepper.
- Pan fry to browned the chicken wings.
- Mix the pasta sauce and dried rosemary with the cooked chicken wings.
- Season with salt, pepper and seasoning.
- In a roasting pan grease and lined with aluminium foil.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Arrange the marinated chicken wing in the roasting pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce all over the chicken wings and baked for 30min or until cooked.